1. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
Information collected via our Website
We collect certain information you provide us when using any of our websites (including www.cfcunderwriting.com, www.cfcunderwritingblog.com, www.cyberinsuranceblog.com, www.ipinsuranceblog.com,www.technologyinsuranceblog.com, www.crisismanagementinsuranceblog.com, www.promotionsinsurance.com, www.cfcpromotions.com, www.londoncybersymposium.com, and cyber.cfcunderwriting.com, collectively known as the “Website”).
The types of information we may collect include:
- Information that you provide by filling in a request form for a newsletter on the Website.
- Information that you provide by contributing to a blog on the Website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Information that you provide when logging into the broker section of the Website.
- Information about your browsing session, such as your IP address and what type of device you are using (i.e. a computer, a smart phone or a tablet).
By using this Website you warrant that you have the relevant consents to pass such information to us and to process such information within the meaning of the Act. We will treat such information in confidence.
Information relating to the provision of insurance
We may also collect information when you obtain a quote for one of our products or services, or in the course of providing you with one of our products or services. The types of information we collect include:
- Information you provide us in an application for insurance, including names, addresses or other details provided by you in any insurance application.
- Information you provide us relating to an insurance claim you make.
- Information you provide us through one of our mobile apps.
Other than as described in the section headed "How we use your data", we will not disclose any such information to third parties except where your or your business' permission has been received or where permitted or required by law or where we are required to pass such information to regulatory bodies.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. You may delete and block all cookies from this Website, but parts of the site will not work.
Sections of the Website use "session cookies" which help us to improve our Website, assist with the navigation through certain parts of the Website, and deliver a better and more personalised service. Session cookies specifically enable us to keep track of your movement from page to page within the Website so you don't get asked for the same information each time you navigate to a new page. They also allow us to recognise you so any page changes or item or data selection you do is remembered from page to page. This cookie is deleted when you leave the Website.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.allaboutcookies.org.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. If you fail to consent to the use of these cookies, the operation of the Website may become severely hampered, to the extent that it may even be unusable.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
We use information held about you or your business in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To provide you with our newsletter, where you have requested this.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- Where we provide you with a product or service, we will use your information to administer your insurance policy, and any claims made against the policy.
- Where we provide you with a product of service, we may use your information for underwriting purposes, statistical analysis, management information, market research or risk management purposes.
We may also share your information with our group companies, business partners or suppliers from time to time.
We may disclose aggregate statistics about our Website visitors, customers and sales in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of ourselves, the Website or its visitors.
This Website contains links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
By using this Website, or by signing an application form for one of our products or services, you consent to your or your business information being used in this way.
3. STORAGE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
5. COPIES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
If you wish to receive a copy of your personal data that we retain, please contact email@example.com. We will supply you with a copy of your personal data following payment by you of the relevant statutory fee. You also have the right to ask us to correct your information if it inaccurate.
6. CONTACT DETAILS